Irvine STD Testing & Treatment Services
Getting tested for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) is essential to a person’s general health. As the best-known LGBTQ+ medical clinic in Orange County, Radiant Health Centers provides easy access to confidential testing for diseases like HIV, hepatitis C, chlamydia and gonorrhea. Our goal is to provide safe, accessible STD testing and treatment services to those most at risk. And with early detection, we can help patients stay healthy and reduce the chance of adverse health outcomes.
Our STD Testing Services
STD testing is conducted at our Irvine-based medical clinic. Our staff is LGBTQ+-friendly and testing is safe, fast and confidential. If a patient gets a positive diagnosis, we can deliver reliable STD treatments, including Rapid ART HIV medication.
At Radiant Health Centers, STD testing is free for those without insurance. If you are insured, you will be asked to share your information during your visit.
Different Types of STDs We Treat
STD testing is essential to maintaining good health, but patients may feel anxious if they have never experienced this process. If you are unfamiliar with STD testing, our STD treatment infographic is an excellent place to start.
During a consultation at our medical clinic, our medical providers offer a comfortable environment to discuss the STD symptoms you may be experiencing, the type of sexual contact you have had, if protection was used, plus other risk factors. This information is used to determine what types of STDs to test for. The following STDs are among the most common.
- Bacterial Vaginosis – A common vaginal inflammation.
- Chlamydia – A treatable bacterial infection that can cause pregnancy complications.
- Gonorrhea – A bacterial STD most common in people in their teens and 20s.
- Hepatitis – An inflammation of the liver that is sometimes sexually transmitted.
- Herpes – A common viral infection that may include sores.
- HIV/AIDS – This virus attacks the immune system.
- HPV Infections – A group of viral infections that vary in risk factors.
- Syphilis – A potentially life-threatening condition if left untreated.
The Main STD Symptoms to Be Aware Of
STD symptoms will vary depending on the type of infection. For a comprehensive diagnosis, STD or HIV testing is required. However, common symptoms to look out for include the following.
- Sores or blisters around the genitals
- Discharge from the penis or vagina
- Lumps or warts around the genitals
- Pain during urination or sexual intercourse
- Fever, swollen glands and tiredness
Common Questions About STD Testing & Treatment Services
How do doctors test for STDs?
Individual STDs have their own tests, and the diagnosis time will also vary. The testing process includes swab tests, urine tests, blood samples, analysis of fluid from sores, along with a physical examination.
Will wearing a condom prevent STDs?
Condom use is a highly effective method for preventing STDs. However, it’s important to note that no approach is 100% effective in preventing the spread of diseases.
How often should I get tested for STDs?
You should get tested for STDs if you identify any of the common STD symptoms. In addition, if you are sexually active you should plan to get tested at least once yearly. Individuals with more than one sexual partner (and who don’t practice safe sex) can benefit from getting tested every few months.
Contact Us for STD Testing and Treatment in Orange County
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- LGBTQ+ in Orange County Gives Generously in Year-End Appeal
- Honoring World AIDS Day With a Remembrance Tree
- How You Can Support LGBTQ+ Health Care With Year-End Giving
- Orange County Unites in Support of World AIDS Day
- How You Can Support LGBTQ+ Health Equity in Orange County
- Radiant Health Centers 2021–2022 Annual Report Has Arrived
- Address Health Disparities During Transgender Awareness Week
- LGBTQ+ Community Unites for AIDS Walk Orange County
- Orange County Celebrates LGBTQ+ History Month
- Find an LGBTQ-Friendly Healthcare Home in Orange County
- Know Your Status to Help End the HIV Epidemic
- Join Us at the 36th Annual AIDS Walk Orange County
- Stay Informed About Monkeypox in Orange County
- With STD Rates Rising Free STD Testing in Orange County Is Essential
- Orange County LGBTQ+ Youth Facing Mental Health Disparities
- Celebrating Inclusivity and LGBTQ+ Rights During Pride Month
- Radiant Health Centers Hit Fundraising Goal at Annual Gala
- Fight the Stigma During Mental Health Awareness Month
- Get Tested & Know Your Status This Hepatitis Testing Day
- LGBTQ+ Community Unites to Celebrate Lesbian Visibility Week
- Awards & Recognitions for Our Work With the LGBTQ+ Community
- Contact Us
- Education & Outreach
- Family Planning & Birth Control
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Irvine HIV Testing and Treatment Services
- Irvine LGBTQ Center
- Irvine PrEP Services for HIV Prevention
- LGBTQ+ Youth and Mentorship Program
- Medical Clinic
- Mental Health
- Newsletter Signup
- Orange County HIV Life Skills Workshops
- Orange County PEP Treatment for HIV Prevention
- Orange County STD Testing & Treatment Services
- Primary Medical Care Services in Orange County
- Radiant Health Centers’ Annual Reports
- Rapid Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) Services
- Social Services
- Telehealth Access
- Telehealth Importance
- Telehealth Services
- Testing Services
- Thank You
- Thank You
- Thank You Newsletter
- Thank You Sidebar
- The Voice
- Additional Resources
- Family & Children
- Federal Transit Administration Title VI
- In the News
- LGBTs In The News
- Meet the Team
- Our Culture
- Press Releases
- Radiant Health Centers’ Strategic Plan
- AIDS Walk Orange County
- Annual Radiant Gala
- Pride Month 2022
- Support LGBTQ+ Youth Mental Health
- Year End Appeal
- Become a Corporate Partner
- Get Involved
- Join the Compassion Council
- Legacy Planning
- Main page
- Volunteer Opportunities in Orange County
- About Us
- Board Members
- Board of Directors
- Our Team
- Subaru Share the Love
- Terms & Conditions and HMIS
Archives by Month:
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- August 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017