Orange County Counseling and Mental Health Support
At Radiant Health Centers, we offer counseling and social services to the LGBTQ+ community in Orange County. People living with HIV and others in the LGBTQ+ community experience mental health issues at disproportionate rates. By providing individual and group therapy with compassionate counselors, we ensure mental health services are accessible to everyone who needs them.
Free Counseling Services for LGBTQ+ People
People living with HIV commonly face mood, anxiety and mental health disorders. Many other LGBTQ+ people face similar issues due to discrimination, family issues and barriers to healthcare. However, with access to convenient counseling services, these challenges can be overcome.
Our counselors strive to meet the needs of our patients by offering therapy to treat anxiety and depression, troubled relationships, self-esteem and substance abuse for patients at least 12 years old. Counseling services are free for those who qualify.
Areas of Focus for Counseling and Support
- Substance abuse – Explore sobriety and get professional support in a safe setting.
- Mental health – Overcome emotional challenges using talk therapy.
- Work and benefits – Get advice on available benefits for LGBTQ+ people.
- HIV-related issues – Help cope with the challenges of being HIV positive.
- Troubled relationships – Counseling for communication issues, self-esteem and more.
- Anxiety and depression – Support for resolving mental and emotional struggles.
Radiant Health Centers primarily offers group counseling using Zoom. There are support groups for both English and Spanish language speakers. We also provide limited in-person group counseling, and may offer individual counseling on a case-by-case basis. Patients can call us directly to inquire about therapy sessions.
Please refer to the calendar for dates and times of our upcoming group counseling sessions. Here is the PDF version for download.
Mental Health Services for LGBTQ+ Youth
In addition to our LGBTQ+ youth and mentorship program, Radiant Health Centers provides mental health services for LGBTQ+ youth ages 12+ and their families. This includes individual therapy, family therapy and group therapy. As with all our counseling services, LGBTQ+ youth sessions are safe, discreet and private.
Radiant Rainbow Allegiance
The Radiant Rainbow Allegiance is a mental health group aimed at LGBTQ+ youth between ages 13–17. During group therapy sessions, attendees discuss LGBTQ+ challenges, relationship building and creating a sense of community.
Rainbow Connection Group Therapy
The Rainbow Connection is a mental health support group for LGBTQ+ people ages 18–24. Counseling sessions provide a space to explore emerging adult issues, such as coping with identity, promoting positive mental health and well-being, adulting and more.
Common Questions About LGBTQ+ Counseling
What happens during a virtual group counseling session?
Group counseling over Zoom is a convenient way for individuals to communicate with a counselor in a supportive and community-focused setting. Members can speak openly about their experiences of living with HIV, dealing with substance abuse, health status issues, self-esteem and other key challenges.
How can counseling help with substance abuse?
Counseling sessions are a chance to learn healthy coping strategies in a safe and supportive environment. Counselors can also provide referrals for help with drug and alcohol abuse.
How does counseling help a person living with HIV?
Counseling sessions deal with topics like coping with a new health status, strategies for maintaining good health, overcoming mental health struggles and more. We also offer LGBTQ+ telehealth appointments for ongoing management of HIV.
Access LGBTQ+ Counseling and Mental Health Services in Orange County
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- Join Us at the 36th Annual AIDS Walk Orange County
- Stay Informed About Monkeypox in Orange County
- With STD Rates Rising Free STD Testing in Orange County Is Essential
- Orange County LGBTQ+ Youth Facing Mental Health Disparities
- Celebrating Inclusivity and LGBTQ+ Rights During Pride Month
- Radiant Health Centers Hit Fundraising Goal at Annual Gala
- Fight the Stigma During Mental Health Awareness Month
- Get Tested & Know Your Status This Hepatitis Testing Day
- LGBTQ+ Community Unites to Celebrate Lesbian Visibility Week
- LGBTQ+ Medical Clinic Expands Telehealth Services
- 20th National LGBTQ Health Awareness Week Is on the Horizon
- OC Unites for National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness
- Mental Health Counseling for the LGBTQ+ Community
- New Date: 36th Annual Gala Returns for 1970s-Themed Event
- 2021 Food Insecurity Campaign Exceeds Expectations
- Postponed: 36th Annual Gala 1970s-Themed Event
- LGBTQ+ Activist and Journalist To Be Honored at Annual Gala
- Radiant Health Centers Is Sharing the Love With Subaru
- Join Us in Fighting Food Insecurity in Orange County
- 35th Annual AIDS Walk Orange County a Success
- Awards & Recognitions for Our Work With the LGBTQ+ Community
- Contact Us
- Family Planning & Birth Control
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Irvine LGBTQ Center
- Irvine PrEP Services for HIV Prevention
- LGBTQ+ Youth and Mentorship Program
- Medical Clinic
- Mental Health
- Newsletter Signup
- Orange County PEP Treatment for HIV Prevention
- Radiant Health Centers’ Annual Reports
- Rapid Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) Services
- Social Services
- Telehealth Access
- Telehealth Importance
- Telehealth Services
- Testing Services
- Thank You
- Thank You
- Thank You Newsletter
- Thank You Sidebar
- The Voice
- Additional Resources
- Education & Outreach
- Family & Children
- Federal Transit Administration Title VI
- In the News
- LGBTs In The News
- Meet the Team
- Our Culture
- Press Releases
- Radiant Health Centers’ Strategic Plan
- Testing & Medical Services draft
- AIDS Walk Orange County
- Annual Radiant Gala
- Pride Month 2022
- Support LGBTQ+ Youth Mental Health
- Become a Corporate Partner
- Get Involved
- Join the Compassion Council
- Legacy Planning
- Main page
- Volunteer Opportunities in Orange County
- About Us
- Board Members
- Board of Directors
- Our Team
- Subaru Share the Love
- Terms & Conditions and HMIS
Archives by Month:
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- August 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017