Hormone Replacement Therapy Services in Irvine
As the largest LGBTQ+ medical clinic in Orange County, Radiant Health Centers provides a wide range of treatment, testing and support services. One of our more recent service additions is hormone replacement therapy (HRT), available to the LGBTQIA2S (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Two-Spirit) community. Our knowledgeable and compassionate team is available for patients seeking an initial evaluation, or who may have questions about HRT.
What Is Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Hormone therapy is a treatment used to adjust hormone levels to align with an individual’s gender identity. The process is one of the ways to assist a transgender person during their transition, helping to improve their physical and emotional well-being. Gender-affirming hormone therapy involves taking medication to a level that provides an individual’s desired level of masculinization or feminization. Our trained medical team works with patients to find the right levels of testosterone or estrogen to aid in their transition.
An Overview of the HRT Process
- An initial evaluation to discuss the treatment and potential side effects.
- A review of your medical history to ensure there are no treatment complications.
- A physical examination to confirm you are in good health and ready to proceed.
- Blood tests to check for possible complications with the treatment.
- Patient consent forms to ensure you have complete understanding of the therapy.
Who Can Benefit From Hormone Replacement Therapy?
HRT is an important treatment for transwomen, transmen, nonbinary and intersex people. The therapy can help reduce gender dysphoria and increase self-confidence, plus improve mental health overall. HRT can provide an improved sense of self and a better quality of life by removing the incongruence felt when a person’s body and gender don’t align.
Access Our LGBTQ+ Counseling and Mental Health Services
We offer various treatments at Radiant Health Centers, including mental health therapies, HIV/STI testing, family planning, counseling on HRT, counseling on transitioning and more. For many patients the HRT process may be stressful, and they may require support from experienced counselors. Our LGBTQ+ counseling services ensure patients are supported throughout their transition with help from an educated, caring and compassionate team.
Common Questions About Hormone Replacement Therapy
Do I need to undergo gender affirmation surgery along with hormone replacement therapy?
You have options – HRT can be used as part of an individual’s treatment without surgery. Or, you could choose to include surgery as part of your transition.
Can I follow the HRT process without a healthcare provider?
Attempting HRT without a healthcare provider could be unsafe. It’s important to work with experienced professionals to ensure you receive the correct medication dosage, and that your health is prioritized.
Do I Start HRT on My Initial Visit?
No, you will not start HRT on your initial visit. You will require a few additional visits prior to initiating HRT. These visits will include the initial evaluation, a discussion about HRT (what it is and what it can accomplish), what to expect when you begin HRT treatment and its possible side effects. In addition, you will visit with a mental health professional for consultation and evaluation.
Can I control the level of feminization or masculinization?
Yes. Modifying the medication dose will adjust a transition’s outcome to deliver the optimal results for each individual. Other factors like genetics and age will also play a part.
Contact Us to Discuss Our HRT Services
At Radiant Health Centers, we provide HRT services to the LGBTQIA2S community in Orange County. For more information on the transitioning process, including our counseling services, contact our team today. Call the medical clinic at (949) 809-5700 or schedule an appointment now.
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- OC Pride Month Returns With a Busy Calendar of Events
- May Is Mental Health Awareness Month in Orange County
- 30th Annual AIDSWatch Focused on Ending the HIV Epidemic
- Recognize Transgender Day of Visibility on March 31
- Celebrating 21 Years of National LGBTQ Health Awareness Week
- Annual Gala Returns With a Midsummer Night’s Dream Theme
- New LGBTQ+ Youth Drop-in Center Opens in Orange County
- LGBTQ+ in Orange County Gives Generously in Year-End Appeal
- Honoring World AIDS Day With a Remembrance Tree
- How You Can Support LGBTQ+ Health Care With Year-End Giving
- Orange County Unites in Support of World AIDS Day
- How You Can Support LGBTQ+ Health Equity in Orange County
- Radiant Health Centers 2021–2022 Annual Report Has Arrived
- Address Health Disparities During Transgender Awareness Week
- LGBTQ+ Community Unites for AIDS Walk Orange County
- Orange County Celebrates LGBTQ+ History Month
- Find an LGBTQ-Friendly Healthcare Home in Orange County
- Know Your Status to Help End the HIV Epidemic
- Join Us at the 36th Annual AIDS Walk Orange County
- Stay Informed About Monkeypox in Orange County
The 8 latest Portfolio Entries
- Awards & Recognitions for Our Work With the LGBTQ+ Community
- Contact Us
- Education & Outreach
- Family Planning & Birth Control
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Irvine HIV Testing and Treatment Services
- Irvine LGBTQ Center
- Irvine PrEP Services for HIV Prevention
- LGBTQ+ Youth and Mentorship Program
- Medical Clinic
- Mental Health
- Newsletter Signup
- Orange County HIV Life Skills Workshops
- Orange County PEP Treatment for HIV Prevention
- Orange County STD Testing & Treatment Services
- Primary Medical Care Services in Orange County
- Radiant Health Centers’ Annual Reports
- Rapid Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) Services
- Social Services
- Telehealth Access
- Telehealth Importance
- Telehealth Services
- Testing Services
- Thank You
- Thank You
- Thank You Newsletter
- Thank You Sidebar
- The Voice
- Additional Resources
- Family & Children
- Federal Transit Administration Title VI
- In the News
- LGBTs In The News
- Meet the Team
- Our Culture
- Press Releases
- Radiant Health Centers’ Strategic Plan
- AIDS Walk Orange County
- Annual Radiant Gala
- Pride Month 2023
- Support LGBTQ+ Youth Mental Health
- Year End Appeal
- Become a Corporate Partner
- Get Involved
- Join the Compassion Council
- Legacy Planning
- Main page
- Volunteer Opportunities in Orange County
- About Us
- Board Members
- Board of Directors
- Our Team
- Subaru Share the Love
- Terms & Conditions and HMIS
Archives by Month:
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- August 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017