Frequently Asked Questions
Food drives help provide life sustaining support to people in our community. Food donations also provide a direct connection between donors and people who are hungry. Radiant Health Centers is able to purchase $52 worth of groceries and fresh produce, for only $25. We accomplish this by:
- Purchasing in bulk
- Purchasing from wholesale distributors
- Receiving donated food items from local merchants
- Purchasing from regional food banks that are only available to organizations in the nonprofit section that have staff certified for the process
Is my donation secure?
Yes. The security and confidentiality of your information is our highest priority. We use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect your information and provide a safe and secure environment for online donations. We will not sell, trade or share your personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations, and we will only share personal information if you have given us specific permission to do so.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes. We are a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. We’ll send it to you upon successful completion of your donation.
Where does the money go?
- Provide access to basic needs for women and children
- Help kids deal with HIV in the family
- Transport clients to and from medical appointments
- Help provide housing
- Nutrition Center services including meals and pet food
- Mental health counselling
- Help a family stay together, be fed, clothed and housed